Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super High Me

This one was really disappointing to me. It was a pleasant watch, and Doug Benson is a good comedian who carries us through the movie, but it doesn't really dig for anything. I was hoping for an intelligent and informed defense of the effects of marijuana on the system, and the case for its legalization in the US. I have long been a proponent of its legalization if only for the tax dollars it would bring into our economy. I don't smoke it, and have no interest in using it, but its continued illegality has baffled me for years. All I really got instead was seeing Doug Benson not be able to explain why he likes smoking weed, then not smoke it for 30 days, then smoke it almost every waking hour for the next 30 days. It was easy to watch, but I was hoping for something more substantial.

No comments: